2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
The 2016 Honda Civic rests at the front of the sedan segment, offering Malin and Keno drivers far more than the middling 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. The Honda Civic was already one of America’s most popular vehicles, but this year’s model has been given a comprehensive redesign to take it far beyond the standard set by lesser models.
- LX: As standard, the Civic comes with an electric parking brake, a Bluetooth HandsFreeLink system with streaming audio, and a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines.
- EX: The EX upgrades to a Honda LaneWatch system, adds Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ connectivity, and lets you control your driving environment from a 7-inch display audio touchscreen.
- EX-T: The EX-T makes the jump to a fiery 1.5L turbocharged engine, so it’s the model of choice for a thrilling ride. Fog lights, dual-zone automatic climate control, and heated front seats are also included as standard.
- EX-L: The EX-L makes comfort its first and foremost priority. Look forward to sinking into leather-trimmed seats – with 8-way power adjustment for the driver — and wrapping your hands around the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
- Touring: The Touring trim comes with a selection of Honda Sensing driver assistance technologies, as well as rain-sensing wipers, LED headlights, and a 450-watt 10-speaker premium audio system.
The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu starts with the L model, which comes with basic devices such as a rearview camera, air conditioning, and cruise control. Models then work their way up through the LS, 1LT, and 2LT to the upper-level Premier. At $30,920, it starts significantly higher than the Civic Touring,* despite failing to match it in terms of features and technology.
Powertrains and MPG
This year’s Civic is available with your choice of either a 2.0L four-cylinder or a direction-injection 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The former remains fun to drive thanks to an output of up to 158 hp, while the 174 hp offered by the turbocharged engine takes things to a whole new level. Of course, the latest efficiency technology means that you’ll still earn up to 31 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway* with the 2.0L engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT), or a staggering 31 mpg city and 42 mpg highway* with the 1.5L engine and a CVT.
The Malibu makes the mistakes of focusing solely on more power than Malin and Keno drivers are ever likely to need, either 160 hp from the base engine or an excessive 250 hp from the available 2.0 turbo. That really comes at the cost of fuel-consumption — you’ll earn only 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway with the base engine and or a thirsty 22 mpg city and 33 mpg highway with the available 2.0L.
It also features a thoroughly modern interior. Everything is laid out to meet your needs, and high-end materials are used throughout in order to create an upscale environment that cannot be matched by the 2016 Malibu.
Comfort and Convenience Features
Malin and Keno drivers will be pleased to know the following features are found in the Civic, but not in the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu:
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: Sync your smartphone to the Civic to use a growing selection of features and apps right on the 7-inch display audio touchscreen.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The 2016 Malibu also offers a rearview camera as standard. However, it lacks the three separate viewing modes that the Honda model provides.
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers: The new Honda Civic is actually able to sense the amount of rainfall hitting your windshield.
- ACE Body Structure: An Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body is able to crumple intuitively upon impact to direct collision energy away from you and your passengers.
- Honda LaneWatch: Signal left and a small camera hidden beneath the passenger-side mirror starts to play a live feed on your touchscreen, showing nearly four times more than the mirror alone.
The 2016 Honda Civic Utterly Outclasses the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
Malin and Keno drivers who take home a 2016 Honda Civic will find themselves experiencing a far superior drive to that provided by the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. To find out more, just come down to Klamath Falls Honda today or call us at 541-205-4917 to set up a test drive. We hope to see you soon!